Saturday, April 14, 2007

Fairy Garden

Welcome to the Hollow. I decided to call my blog shezzieland and to name our place Hollyhock Hollow so for the purpose of this blog I am Shezzie from Hollyhock Hollow. Last Christmas some of my kids gave me a sign I can put in my yard that says Hollyhock Hollow on it. I am going to plant more hollyhocks in the yard so it will really be full of flowers.
I am out of the hollow right now visiting Shelese. We have had a grand week together! We have visited the Pentagon with Erik as our guide. We took the kids to the zoo and had so much fun. I got to see my panda friends and that was fun. The baby panda has grown enough he is on display too. We saw the memorial for Franklin D. Roosevelt which was so lovely. It is one of my favorites- right behind the World War II memorial.

We also worked on finishing decorating the little girls room. Shelese had most of it already done. We just hung the curtains and got our trusty glue guns out and decorated everything in sight. In case you can't tell from the picture, there is a wicker swing hanging from the ceiling. It all looks cute and the girls call it their fairy garden. We were quite pleased with ourselves.


14 comments:

B-Blogit said...

Wow those are really elegant rooms. I think my daughter and wife would be really excite!
Great colors and decoration. Looks like a room right out of Better Homes and Gardens or something like that!

Shelese said...

She forgot to explain that Shezzieland comes from a nickname Travis uses for Mandy when she "zones out", he calls it Mandyland (when she's just sitting and staring into space) ha. Then we of course realized that we all do it, and are quite happy in that zoned out place in our minds :) Hopefully this blog will give us a glimpse into Mom's happy places.

Shezzieland!!

T said...

Sorry...I was going to write something...but I zoned out. Shezzieland is fun. :):)

Welcome to blog-world MOM!!! I'm here to inform you that your house has not, in fact, fallen apart while your 3 favorite children, and one grandchild, are keeping an eye on it. :) :)

And I love that room! Great ideas Mother Goose and Mom! You forgot to mention that those dresses hanging on the wall were those made by Shezzie herself for T-rah's wedding...because it really IS all about me. :) Okay, Okay...it's all about cute dresses and grand-babies to wear them...right Mom? :)

Rach said...

Shez- Welcome to the blog! We are glad you have finally converted! Hope to see more. I am glad you are with MotherGoose, hope you have fun!

Jackie said...

Love the room, but where in the world did the idea for pink and green come from? I never would have thought . . . .

Jackie said...

Love the swing too, can I play??

Jenni said...

I had heard rumors that Shezzieland was coming. I love Hollyhock Hollow, perfect name! Happy blogging!

love.boxes said...

Love the real Hollyhock Hollow, it's one of the best places in the whole world. Hope we can see more of it here. :)
Can I move into the Pink Room?

Amy said...

I was roommates w/ Mother Goose in college. I'd sometimes find her alone in her room, just staring at one of her walls.

Amy: What are you doing?
Mother Goose: Just sitting and staring.

GeNee said...

I love the color of the paint on the walls in the little girls bedroom. I think the canopies are really cute! I wish that I could have been there to see the panda bear and all the little kiddies.

Shelese said...

mom, time for a new post!

Jackie said...

Shezzie,
It's time for you to do some more blogging - K?

Jackie said...

http://lookelephantinthecupboard.blogspot.com/

Shez, go to my blogspot K?

B-Blogit said...

Did i mention these were great pictures. Pandas are one of my favorite animals, where did you get that picture?
Hope to see more on your blog!